Chapbook Submission Guidelines
SHANTI ARTS PUBLISHING is devoted to producing beautiful and compelling books related to nature, art, and spirit. View our catalog and you will see we publish books that cover a wide variety of topics and interests: photography, healing, spirituality, nature, family issues, memoir, aging, fiction, poetry, and more. Spring Leaves Chapbook Series is an imprint of Shanti Arts Publishing.
If you send us a chapbook to consider for publication, please be sure to carefully consider what we're looking for, described in this paragraph:
Chapbooks are small, inexpensive books that contain poems, stories, or essays, and illustrations, photographs, or artwork. What makes them distinctive is that they generally have a tightly focused topic, and as such they are intended to make a point. Chapbooks are in fact both a literary form and an art form, and often these two things combine to present an argument, take a stand, stage a protest, reveal a discovery, or carry out a celebration.
If your book fits within this description, consider these guidelines:
1. Chapbooks have fewer than 45 pages and are printed in a format no larger than 5 x 8 inches. They may be printed in color or black-and-white, depending on the spirit of the book's contents.
2. There is no submission deadline. We review submissions as they come in. We intend to produce about six chapbooks per year.
3. Submissions must be done through Submittable. A link may be found at the bottom of this page. Please do not send submissions by email unless we've asked you to do so; we will not read submissions sent through email.
4. We will email you when we have made a decision regarding your submission or if we have questions. We generally respond within three months.
5. All decisions as to whether or not to publish your work are final.
6. A complete submission should include the following:
(a) a brief description of your chapbook project, including a statement about the book's overall topic or intent;
(b) the names of authors/editors/artists involved;
(c) the complete manuscript (preferably in .docx format); and
(d) if you have art to be included, two or three sample images; or
(e) a description of the kind of art you think would work well.
Once we agree to consider publishing your book, we will prepare a contract.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
Submit your materials online using this link: